Friday, October 28, 2011

Movin' On Up

Today's Bizarro utilizes the old "plus one" trick as the basis of the joke, and features a couple of upwardly mobile aliens:
This is a device I've used before, which I'll hereafter refer to as a Tufnel. (If the gag involves subtracting a number or letter to create the gag, we'll call it a Reverse Tufnel.)

Here's the rough I submitted to Bizarro's creator, Dan Piraro:
Dan added some nice background detail indicating that the home is actually located in the Nevada desert. Also, his aliens look quite a bit healthier than the ones in my sketch.

Our previous collaborations are archived here under the Bizarro label. We've stitched together a monstrous Halloween gag for Devil's Night (Sunday, October 30), which I hope you'll enjoy.

Thanks for reading. If you prefer shorter (or additional) messages, I welcome you to follow my Twitter feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment