Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Goober from the Past

I was throwing away an old loose-leaf binder today when this Xeroxed item fell out:


I sort of remembered saving it some time ago. A quick Google search turned up this teaser from a 1992 Chicago Sun-Times story:

Ernest Borgnine, troubled by a failing marriage, says he once considered suicide - until his life was saved by fellow actor George Lindsey.

Lindsey, who played Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show," became such a good friend that Borgnine's life changed for the better, Borgnine said in an interview to be broadcast Monday on Fox TV's "A Current Affair."

The depressed Borgnine left home one ...




3 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's a suitably strange story, but I just can't sign up for yet another "free trial!".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both, hemlockman! That's why I only posted the excerpt. Anyway, I like the photo and caption alone, without any explanation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I remember this! You told me about it back in the day.

    RIP Dolemite. I didn't know...

    ReplyDelete