Monday, December 09, 2013

Mmm Mmm, Good

Today's Bizarro cartoon revisits a time-honored gag motif: a fly in someone's soup.
 
In this scenario, the fly is no accident, and in fact, its arrival is foretold by the customer's bib. The final art follows the submission sketch very closely, which is always satisfying for me as a gag writer.
I've utilized the old the fly-in-the-soup setup a few times in the past, as shown in these examples.
It was fun to find yet another new twist by adding a lobster bib to indicate what the character is about to eat. Though I've worn a few lobster bibs in my time, I do recognize that they're inherently a little silly.

Here's one more item playing with the idea of wearing a bib to advertise the content of a meal:
Check in on the 15th and 18th of December for more waggery, including yet another fly/soup variation. In the meantime, please enjoy our previous comical conspiracies.

No comments:

Post a Comment