Sunday, March 25, 2012

Two Scoops of Humor

Today, I'm double-dipping on the Sunday comics page.

First up is the finale of my week as the featured guest cartoonist in Rhymes With Orange:
(click for a frightening closeup view)
The idea for this gag came to me when I was part of a staggering mob of caffeine addicts at the espresso counter. The look of defiant determination in the barista's eyes reminded me of any number of heroic zombie-fighters.

Hogging additional real estate is my latest collaborative gag with Dan Piraro, in his comic, Bizarro.
(click image to call for assistance)
Here's the sketch I submitted to Dan for this one:

The final composition follows my sketch closely, reformatted for the wider aspect ratio of a Sunday strip, with some nice bits of business added to the characters.

It's been a pretty exciting week for me, and I offer heartfelt thanks to my colleagues Dan Piraro and Hilary Price. I'm honored to see my work in their comics, which are always worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment